Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Mommy Come HeeeYa"

... aka "Mommy Come Here!" That is what I woke up to at 3:30am... a little while ago. Cooper hardly ever wakes up at night, but tonight - when his mommy is exhausted from 3 days of helping to move 9000 lbs.of boxes and take care of 3 babies, a Saturday full of ballgames and errands, and a husband that is gone on a last minute hunting trip - he is awake. So, after a bit of crying, I went to his room and followed his 2-year-old request, "Blanket and Rock", where I sat in the rocking chair with him until I fell asleep and we both almost fell to the floor. That jolted me awake, but as I resumed rocking with my eyes mostly shut, I could sense him staring at me with that, "Boy, this is the life! I could sit here and rock... and not go to sleep... FOREVER." look on his face. So, currently he is back in his bed "requesting" in that 2-year-old-middle-of-the-night-way for me to "Come HeeeYa". I was giving him a few minutes to remember that he is exhausted, like his mommy, and go back to sleep, but I am afraid that I am off to rescue him and add him to my collection of kids in my bed. He'll make #3. Oh well! Maybe I'll get to sleep tomorrow night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails