Friday, September 14, 2007

My Sister



I'm back. I've been in Oklahoma for the last few days helping my sister move. When she told me she was moving I thought, "Hmmm... well, that will be something new to get used to." I wasn't sad. She wasn't sad. At the time she thought that we would live the same distance apart as we currently did - 2 hours - just in a different direction. Well, come to find out, it is more like 4 hours between our homes. We are used to being able to be available to each other all of the time. I am scared that that will change. I pray that it doesn't, but I am scared that it will. So this morning, as I laid in the guest bed at her house, I was sad. I wanted my sister to come home. To Texas. I didn't want to leave her there. When I drove away from her house and saw her standing there, holding her precious baby boy, I was sad. I missed her. Even before I was gone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails