Monday, September 3, 2007

I've been discovered.

A long time ago Corey told me that I should blog. I didn't understand why he would say that or why anyone would do that. Now I do. I've been blogging all summer, but I had not told very many people. I was scared. I have a problem with exposing myself. I don't like to be judged... or evaluated... or criticized. Whatever you want to call it. I guess I had a need to express myself though - to myself and maybe, in some way, to the world. But I was not ready to be seen - I mean, really seen - by the people that I see on a regular basis. So my blog was my little secret, for the most part. It was my place to go quietly sit with my thoughts. Recently I was discovered. I don't know how. Someone linked to someone who linked to someone who linked to me. I was surprised to see a familiar yet foriegn name on my comments. Now, more and more people are "finding me". I guess that is okay. I have a love - and need, I think - for this blogging thing, so I can handle it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your profile pic. And well, it wasn't me, and I have no idea who...don't stop sharing your heart. It's beautiful!

Love you,
E

Corey Powell said...

your welcome

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

You SHOULD be discovered! You're a great writer and I love reading about what really goes on behind that quiet facade! Just remember though ... I never would have found you if you hadn't found me first! :)

Amy said...

I know, Randi... I had "given up" at that point. :) Really, it is okay though. I'm ready to be seen. Thanks for your kind words about my writing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails