Sunday, September 23, 2007

Laying in the Grass


Tonight my girly and I went on a neighborhood walk. We ended up at a little pond with a fountain near the lake. The weather outside was perfect. Not hot at all. We kicked off our shoes and sat and talked for a while. Then she explored a bit as I sat and watched her - amazed at how much she has grown and changed. I sang John Denver songs, and then we laid in the grass and visited. How long has it been since you laid in the grass? It had been a while for me, and I found it to be refreshing. Very natural. We laid there for a while and talked about what her hopes and dreams are for her upcoming birhday. I can't believe that she is about to be 11! While we were laying there, the sun set and the moon appeared in the sky. It was beautiful. Peaceful. Perfect!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that you two had this time together. It sounds perfect! I look forward to the times that Claire and I will have moments like these...for now I will just enjoy singing "The Wheels on the Bus" over and over and over. I love you and Allie Cat!

Mama Jeannie said...

I could almost feel the grass and see the moon. Thank you for sharing such rich and wonderful memories Amy; memories that are fresh off the press. Priceless!! I love that you and Allie got to spend some time together... just the two of you and I pray she remembers, as you will, how very special those times were. You are blessed that you have documented so much of your lives through journals, scrapbooks, letters, and blogs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails