Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"That's My Dad!"

Tonight Corey substituted on our brother-in-law's softball team. He loves to play ball - almost as much as his little boys. :) This afternoon when I told Cooper that Daddy was going to play baseball tonight, he instantly started saying, "Is Daddy going to hit the ball? Is he going to run? Is he going to catch the ball?" He was SO excited that we were going to watch Corey and "Uncle Joe" play baseball! He loved cheering for both of them during the game. When Corey was up to bat Cooper ran up to the fence and yelled, "Swing Dad!" When he hit the ball, Coop could not have been more proud or excited if it were Babe Ruth he was watching. When the game was over, Cooper walked over to one of Allan's teammates and proudly announced, "I'm Cooper. That's my dad!"

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have to say that it was one of the sweetest things to see a little boy so proud of their daddy. I guess it is true that as parents we are our kids heros, the title is our to lose.

Mama Jeannie said...

Ahhhhh, that is one of the sweetest happy stories I've ever heard. I'm so glad Cooper is so proud of his daddy. :0) I bet that blessed Corey's socks off.

Related Posts with Thumbnails