Tuesday, September 11, 2007

That's in the Bible?!?

My buddy was commenting on one of my blog entries about my personality...

"Your post reminded me of something I was reading this week. Genesis 16:12 describes Ishmael, and when I read it, I was reminded that God ordains our personalities. He truly needs all kinds...even pessimists."

So, I looked up that verse on a website that gives many different translations of the same verse. This is part of what one of them said...

"And he shall be as a wild ass among men"

I literally laughed until I almost fell out of the chair.

I wonder what she was trying to say about me!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

okay, that's hilarious!

Amanda said...

Let the hilarity ensue. Read this blog the husband of a dear old friend of mine wrote about his wrestling with God about his nature...

http://lunatic-77.blogspot.com/2006/09/hello.html

Corey Powell said...

Obviously not the translation endorsed by the Souther Baptist Convention.

Emily said...

That is way too funny! I think it fits you perfectly ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails