Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Good "Mommy Day"

This morning I have been getting in touch with my inner-toddler. :) No really... I decide soon after the 2 big kids and the daddy left for the day that it was "Cooper Day". Now you may think from my posts that every day is Cooper Day, as he gets more blog-time than anyone else... but here's the scoop.... the others are harder to capture with my camera and one of them in particular does not want much blog-time. That, added to the fact that Cooper is always with me, might lead one to believe that he gets all the one on one time that a baby could ever want. Well, that is not the case. Not that he is neglected, but most of the time he is the cute little cherry on top of whatever his siblings are doing. He is in his carseat a lot as I taxi them from activity to activity. He is always a spectator at some sport. And he is my constant errand-running companion - although that is not either of our favorite time spent together. This morning I realized that it had been a long time since I just played with him... made a mess with him. So, today we colored. We played puzzles. We ate lunch - both of us in "big chairs" - and did "cheers" with his sippy cup and my can of soda. And his favorite activity of all... we played ball. Lots and lots of ball. Tennis, Baseball, Golf, Basketball, Football. The boy likes sports. And today I was his number one teamate. In no hurry to go anywhere or do anything except be with him. It was awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails