Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Son, Jack

Retro-Post:
This is a letter that I wrote to Jack when he was five. It tells the story of a day when he was in kindergarten... and of his generous heart.


January 26, 2006

My dear son Jack,

I am so proud of you today. This afternoon when I came to pick you up at school your kindergarten teacher, Mrs. McMullin, told me that she had to talk to me. She told me that it was treasure box day for your class, and when you took your turn at the treasure box you spent your tokens getting something not only for yourself but for Allie and Cooper too. She told me how proud she was of you and how generous and kind that you are. That made me so happy! Then, she told you that because you had been so generous you could go back to the treasure box and get something else. When you came to show me what you chose, I almost cried. It was a teddy bear/ football Christmas ornament. You chose it for Daddy and me – because he played football in high school and because I would like a teddy bear. You were right. I love it! And I will always remember this day because it is a day that you pleased not only your parents and your teacher, but it is a day that I know that you pleased God. You make me happy. I love you, Buddy!

Love Always,
Mommy


Jack as Jack Be Nimble before his kindergarten festival

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails