Saturday, November 17, 2007

"But I Want To Shave My Legs"

said in a whiney voice...

I am a bath-person. I really dislike showers. I almost dispise them. So, this morning I thought I would go grab a bath before our busy day gets underway, and I left the family to a lazy Saturday morning of watching TV. I started my water - extra hot - and even contemplated reading a magazine... then I heard it! (through the wall)

"I want my mommy!"
Waaaaa! Waaaaa!
"Where is my mommy?"
Bang! Bang! Waaaaa!
"But daddy, I want her!"
WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

By this time I was in the tub, with no magazine, rushing to cover the basics. There was no relaxing going on here. Then, I thought (in my most serious talking-to-myself-feminist-voice), "I want to shave my legs! I DESERVE to shave my legs!" So, I proceeded to pull the drain, turn the hot water on full-force to muffel the sound, and shave my legs.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails