Sunday, November 18, 2007

We Did It!

... finally!

I'm not very good at giving up "baby stuff" with my babies. I actually love carrying a diaper bag. I still like to buy sippy cups. If I could, I'd have 4 strollers. Well, this baby - baby #3 - has been the hardest one so far for me to cross the thresholds into kidhood that have come up so far.

Case in point... baby hair.

My first baby had curls. I loved her curls. I still do. My second baby had straight, fine hair. I had always dreamed of a little boy with a chili-bowl haircut, and he is the baby that I got to experience that with. When I was expecting my third baby I would dream about what kind of hair he might have. I thought the idea of a curly-headed little boy was wonderful, but another chili-bowl baby would have been great too. When Cooper's curls started coming in, I was so excited. Now, I was very attached to the idea of a curly-headed little guy. I was scared that someday, when he got his first haircut, all of those curls might go away. So, I procratinated the haircut. Well, today was the big test... would there be baby curls after the first trim? We anxiously awaited as Cooper sat in the little red car watching The Wiggles as the lady snipped away. I felt a little sick inside. Allie did too - she kept saying, "That is enough! Tell her to stop." After the haircut was mostly done, the lady ran her fingers through his hair, and guess what appeared?!? CURLS!

Before:



During:



After:

4 comments:

Emily said...

I think it looks great. I am SO SO SO glad the curls are still there, they are too cute.

Elizabeth said...

SO cute!!! Yay for curls!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, he looks so handsome. And the curls are more prominent than before.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

He looks like such a big boy! I'm so glad his curls stayed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails