Friday, November 23, 2007

I Cried

I love sad movies. My Life. Steel Magnolias. I don't know why. I just do. And although they make me sad and sometimes misty, I don't usually cry in movies. Yesterday I did. I am not sure if it was the movie in and of itself or the turkey or the exhaustion or the emotion that I feel when I am with my family or what... but something "got me".

Yesterday the gals in my family went to see a movie - our after Thanksgiving dinner tradition. It was great! No babies... just us girls acting as silly as we did before there were so many noses to wipe and diapers to change. Not that we mind - life without responsibility is just a nice, necessary, refreshing break sometimes. Especially after 3 days of cooking and inumeral hours of football.

We went to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium... kind of a Willy Wonka meets Toy Story movie. It was really great! My favorite line (the one that made me cry)... "Your life is an occasion. Rise to it." Easier said than done, but still good (emotional, evidentally) advise.

My advise... See the movie.

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

I'm starting at the beginning of your blogging this many years later. Some of your entries I don't remember, but that may be cuz I wasn't blogging yet. That was a good movie and a good line, wasn't it? I love our 'after-Thanksgiving-movies too. Fun time with all the girls in our fam. There are alot more girls now though. How are we going to manage? :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails