Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Transformed

Well, tonight I read the news. Jud is gone. He died this morning. That must be why he was on my mind so much today.

So, as I rocked my baby tonight at bedtime I, of course, was thinking of Jud's mommy and her empty arms. As I held Cooper and he held a Transformer for the first time, and I taught him how to transform it from a car to a man, I thought about Jud and how he loved cars and how he has now been transformed. He is no longer in pain or trapped in his little broken body. I am thankful for that, but I cannot get beyond the thoughts about his parents' broken hearts.

So as I read over that "coincidental scripture" again, I am finding new meaning in every single word of it as I contemplate Jud.

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who HOPE IN THE LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my! How little Jud is running and playing and breathing deeply with the very breath of heaven today!! He can squeal with delight at all the wonderful things he is seeing with more clarity than ever before. I too rejoice with him as I'm sure his family does between the tears of missing him. Unimaginealbe grief, yet joy unspeakable and full of glory! Praise God for that timely Word spoken from the book of Isaiah. How certain and sure it is that "we do not grieve as those who have no hope", do we?

Related Posts with Thumbnails