Monday, November 26, 2007

My Idea

So while I was decorating the tree yesterday I had this idea... I want to record the story of many of my family's ornaments and Christmas decorations and what better place to do it than here? So, beware... there are many ornament/ decoration posts in my future. Feel free to skip them once you are bored to tears. Hopefully someday my kids will find it interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am a picture-person. I love taking pictures, looking at pictures, frames, etc. Although, I am very bad at actually getting pictures framed. It is just a step in the process that I find tedious. That leads me to today's ornament. As I was unpacking ornaments yesterday I discovered that I had 3 or 4 frame-ornaments that were still empty. The thought of searching through pictures for a small enough one to fit into my frames was overwhelming, so I got to thinking... what else could I do? I love monograms, so I thought that it would be a good idea to add a monogram to this very pretty frame-ornament. This is how it turned out... I love it!

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a great idea, I love the ornament and I love that you are writing the stories!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great idea ... I love the monogram. Just a note if you need a small photo - you can order wallet size photos of any photo at Walgreen's. They're great for those teeny frames.

Mama Jeannie said...

What a great idea Amy! I need to make one for dad and me like that one. Thanks for posting your ornament stories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails