Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Good Stuff

Okay, now I know why girls fall for musicians. It's just dang-sexy for a guy to sing a song to you!

Tonight while I was finishing up some Thanksgiving food preperations in the kitchen, my man sat at the table and played everything from Country Road to Smoke On The Water. My favorites, though, were when he played Amazing Grace while Jack sang and when he sang and played this Kenny Chesney song, The Good Stuff.

Aw Baby, that's the good stuff. I love you!

some of the words...

It's the first long kiss on a second date.
Momma's all worried when you get home late
And droppin' the ring in the spagetti plate,
'Cause your hands are shakin' so much.
And it's the way she looks with the rice in her hair.
Eating burnt suppers the whole first year,
And askin' for seconds to keep her from tearin' up.
Yeah, man, that's The Good Stuff.....

It's the sight of her holdin' my baby girl.
The way she adored that string of pearls,
I gave her the day that our youngest boy, Earl,
Married his high school love.
And it's a new t-shirt saying, "I'm a Grandpa!"
Being right there as our time got small,
And holding her hand when the good Lord called her up.
Yeah, man, that's the good stuff.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails