Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Poppie's Football Game

Friday night Allie, Cooper, and I joined all of my Selke-family at my dad's football game in Waco while Corey & Jack were enjoying opening weekend of deer season at The Place. We had a great time, and the Stars won!

Cooper & Allie with the little football that Cooper caught

Beau and Asher watching the game

Allie Cat

Emmie with Claire & Skyler

The little ones enjoyed their own game of tackling Uncle Joe

Climbing the fence was one of Cooper & Skyler's favorite things to do at the game

At halftime the coaches and their wives were honored. In all 30-whatever years that my dad has been coaching, I don't ever remember this happening - although I think that it should have been done every year! The fact that my dad mows grass, picks up trash, and cleans bathrooms while making a minimal salary just so he can invest in the lives of a bunch of kids is amazing and honorable. And my mom!... She raised 4 kids practically alone much of our lives while my dad worked crazy hours and days. She has sat in the bleachers for 30-something years and gracefully endured people yelling at her husband - the one that was sacrificing time with his own kids to be with theirs. I was so glad that they were finally honored for what they have done for years simply becasue they love other people's kids.

Claire smelling Gibbie's flower

Asher had all that he could take... he fell asleep despite the cheering crowds.

The "I Heart Poppie" shirts return

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

My sweet Amy girl,
I loved everything you documented about our weekend and how much fun the kids had, but I will have to say I got tears in my eyes as you honored your daddy and me with your own words of thankfulness. Thank you so much. You have blessed my heart today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails