Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmastime is Here!!!

I am so happy... this is my favorite time of year! After our weekend in Waco, we came home to start decorating for Christmas. Cooper was excited at the very sight of the big tree box! He kept talking about it being a "surprise", he LOVED standing on his "white chair" (step-stool) to help decorate, and in the case that we forgot to... he would say, "Say 'Yea Cooper!'" after every time he helped with the tree.






I love decorating our Christmas tree. Going through our ornaments and reminiscing about when and where we got each one is one of my favorite things to do on earth - really! Our tree is a hodge podge of colors and types of ornaments, and I would not have it any other way. Our ornaments tell the story of our life, in a way. We pick them up on vacations, the kids make new ones each year, we have many that were gifts, some that were homemade by family & friends, and my favorite... the ones that we give each other each year on the night that we decorate the tree. We try to find one that represents each person... something that they enjoy, a sport that they play, a nickname, etc. Someday (If I am able) I will give the kids their ornament collections when they move away. (Just a minute... let me get a tissue to wipe my tears.)

This years ornaments:
Allie's nickname has always been "Allie Cat"... so naturally, she has many cat ornaments. ~



Jack's ornament is a boy playing the guitar since he began taking guitar lessons this year. ~


Cooper is about as crazy about sports as a 2 year old can be. He loves them all. But I think that baseball or "ace ball" as he called it for much of this year might be his favorite. He informs me often that he "has to practice" and last week, he started saying "I got no strike zone!" when he would swing his little bat. He sings Take Me Out To The Ballgame, word for word, so it seemed appropriate to get him a baseball ornament this year. ~


Corey (and his family) love Scrabble. We play it almost every time we are together. So when I saw this Scrabble board, I knew that he must have it. ~


My ornament is actually 3 ornaments :) this year. They are three words... "peace", "hope", and "joy". I love them!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love all the reminiscing over ornaments too! That's a great photo of your family on the ladder.

Mama Jeannie said...

I love this post Amy and I love that you and your family are still doing this fun tradition of memory ornaments. I hope you bless each other always in this creative way. Love you, Mama (looking back in 2010)

Related Posts with Thumbnails