Friday, November 9, 2007

"A Very Merry Unbirthday to You"

~ When I was in 5th grade I played the head rose in the school play, Alice in Wonderland, and we sang a song with those words. ~

Tonight Allie is having an unbirthday unparty. Instead of having a party this year, she wanted to do the hotel/ shopping thing with me, but she couldn't bear the thought of not getting together with her freinds at all. So, we are having an unbirthday sleepover with 3 of her closest friends tonight. Four 10/ 11 year olds. Four 10/ 11 year old GIRLS! Yikes! Talking and giggling is their forte! No, really... they are so hilarious! I was in the car with them tonight for an hour or two, and I smiled almost the entire time.

So far, we've had pizza rolls (Allie's favorite) for dinner, rented a movie at Blockbuster, gone shopping at the American Girl place (Yes, again. We love that place!), opened gifts, played a party game, and now the girls are laying on air matresses on the living room floor, watching said movie, and eating gobs of snacks.

I am so thankful for Allie's friendships! She has gone to school with all 3 of these girls since kindergarten. One of them, we realized by looking at pictures years later, was in her 2-year-old Mother's Day Out class. Another one of them has been her friend since she was born. Good friends are so rare. I just pray that these friendships will remain forever.

Wish me luck the rest of this giggly night. :) So far so good. Girls are great!




2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, good luck! You are far braver than me.

maxine said...

How fun! They look so cute! I remember when Jenn's friends used to come over for sleepovers. I think I had more fun than the girls. Happy Unbirthday Allie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails