Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yea For Holidays!


Tonight my house smells like Thanksgiving, and I love it. There is something about the smell of things cooking and sugary sweets in the air that makes me feel cozy. I love holidays... Thanksgiving and Christmas in particular. I love big home-cooked meals. I love playing games with family. I love watching footaball until I doze off. I love snacking on chips and queso all day long.

Today we have been cooking. I love that my family has certain foods that they like to eat on certain occasions. I love shopping for them, and I love preparing them. (That is not normal for me.) So, today I was on cloud 9 as I got to go to the grocery store and buy things to make for my family. There was a little hustle and bustle in the store, pie crusts & Kayro syrup and green beans & fried onions on the end caps, and a general festive feeling in the air. When I got home, Allie (and her friend Macy) and I started making the cornbread & biscuts for stuffing and candy covered pretzels. After dinner my family watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on TV, and the general feeling of our home was cozy and calm... and that wonderful holiday smell was in the air. I LOVED it.

Now I am off to make Alligator Cookies with Jack... I hope that you are having fun making memories with your family too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails