Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Why I Don't Run Marathons

Yesterday I was reading a story to Jack about the history of the marathon. I don't remember all of the details, but it was a dramatic story of how a man had to get a message to or from the city of Marathon by running 26 miles. When he got to his destination, he blurted out his message. (I think that it was "We won the battle." or "We lost the battle."... Sorry I am not very good at reading comprehension while multi-tasking.) Then, he dropped dead.

So do you think that all of the modern day marathon runners out there got the wrong message?

He died, people! Running 26 miles can kill a person!

That's why I better not try it...

7 comments:

Ila Brook said...

LOVE it!! This is the message I tried to get through Jerod's head when he was training for his marathon. It's crazy!! :-)

Stacy said...

I'm with you!

Amanda said...

All along I've inherently known that, which is why I don't run marathons. It's bad for the heart.

Now, chocolate -- that's been known to have some heart healthy properties. Let's hang out some time, eat chocolate, not run marathons, and take care of our tickers. :)

Emily said...

Amen!!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love that ... laughed out loud!

Anonymous said...

Have you researched your information carefully. I run marathons and it keeps my stick figure looking good for my husband.

Amy said...

Dear Annonymous,

Nope. I've done no research at all on marathons. Like I said, I was reading a children's book to my son. I really have no intrest in marathons or running them, myself.

And hey, congratulations on your stick figure! I hope that your husband enjoys it... and that you do too.

By the way, it was a sarcastic post...

Related Posts with Thumbnails