Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Intersected Lives

There is a blog that I look at regularly that documents a little boy in California's fight with Krabbe disease. His name is Jud. He was totally normal 6 months ago but because of the disease that he has he is now blind, mute, and paralyzed and short of a miracle he will die very soon. He is the age of my baby boy. Just 2 years old. I guess that that is what has attached my heart to his story and to his fight for life.

His parents' love and devotion for their little one is something that I relate to. When I read their stories, I think, "We could be friends." Their faith is amazing. While they are praying for a miracle for their little boy, they are preparing him to meet Jesus by reading him stories about heaven and talking to him about what it will be like to look into Jesus' eyes. Just the thought of it makes me cry. They are strong beyond belief. I can tell from the things that they write. Yesterday I was reading their blog entry and this scripture was included...

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who HOPE IN THE LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31


What a perfect scripture for them.

Then I remembered that I had heard that verse recently. That very day, in fact. But where? Oh yeah! My Jack is memorizing it at school right now. That very passage. He started with one verse and is adding one a week. I got chill bumps when I realized the intersection of my little boy's life and theirs.

I am a big believer in lives divinely intersecting. I live it all of the time. I just wonder why mine has intersected with theirs. At this point.

All I know is that because of their faith and their story and their son, I am inspired. Because of him - and them - I feel beyond blessed. I have gained more perspective and hope and faith.

Thank you Jud. I pray that you will soar and run and walk soon.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I've followed his story too ... it's heart breaking beyond words. Did you see that he died this morning? There's a post on the blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails